Zurück  F R E E S T I L E - Community > Speakers Corner - Diskussionen und Spiele > Kunst und Design - Musik, Film, Literatur
Benutzername
Kennwort

Antwort
Thema gelesen: 40886 x | Antworten: 394 | online: 1 Themen Tools durchsuchen Anzeige Modus

Alt 16.06.2006, 18:24  #51
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

Standard Re: Ed's Corner

Well, Brass, you were born precisely the same year as my daughter. Since she came rather late, I am almost old enough to be your grandfather. Not quite, but close to that. My grandchildren are respectively ten and five.
There are several small cities near that shipyard across the river. I also miss the fish and shellfish they serve there. You may remember that, as you get off the ferry boat and walk to your right you will find a row of good restaurants with an excellent view of the city.
Whatever document your friend showed, I am surprised you got a car without presenting a driver's licence. The agency must have been eager to do business. I am glad you were not stopped by the police.
Für Inhalt und Rechtmäßigkeit dieses Beitrags trägt der Verfasser Eduard die alleinige Verantwortung. (s. Haftungshinweis)
Eduard ist offline   Antwort mit Zitat FTOR-Chat
Alt 16.06.2006, 18:31  #52
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

Sure, Paci, I trust that Jimmie will tell us about his outings.
Für Inhalt und Rechtmäßigkeit dieses Beitrags trägt der Verfasser Eduard die alleinige Verantwortung. (s. Haftungshinweis)
Alt 16.06.2006, 18:43  #53
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

You're doing beautifully with your English, Ramto. I see only one problem. Don't you ever dare to use the word Frisco if you are talking to a San Franciscan! They don't quite approve of that term.
Thanks for the greetings from Saxonia. I am returning them with greetings from Southern California.
Alt 16.06.2006, 18:48  #54
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

Zitat:
Original geschrieben von Yerba Buena
Hi Ed
These religious dates will only be celebrated in some parts of Germany and Switzerland too. You can find them in mostly catholics regions. So we have here in Switzerland one Canton (nearly the same as an american county) where in some villages is Sunday and in the next villages and its poor folks they will have these dates as a regular workday. I think it is the same in Germany, so Hamburg is working and Munich is relaxing.
But by the way, is America celebrating religious days (exept Christmas and Easter)?
Alt 16.06.2006, 18:59  #55
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

Thanks, Yerba Buena, for explaining about religious festivals in Germany and Switzerland.I see it now.
Besides Christmas and Easter, I cannot think of any religious festival celebrated all over America. The closest thing to it is maybe Thanksgiving. Of ourse ethnic groups celebrate their own. One examole is the Mexicans here in the Southwest worshipping the Virgin of Guadalupe in December.
Where in Switzerland do you live?
Alt 17.06.2006, 08:47  #56
Ramto
Ressurector

Ramto's Benutzerbild

Re: Ed's Corner

Thanks you, dear Eduard, for warning me in regard of the "shorty" in connection with San Francisco!
What´s the background of the aversion against such a harmless word ?

We are living here nearby Zwickau and we use the name "Zwicke", too, without protests of the inhabitants!

We had a thunderstorm with hail yesterday and some things got destroyed - the glass of one window and one chair of the balcony.
We stayed in the neighbourhood-town at that time where the hail was less dangerously and our car didn`t suffer. But those of all our neighbours!...

The plants of the balcony are okay... It´s just like a miracle!

Greetings again! *R*
Für Inhalt und Rechtmäßigkeit dieses Beitrags trägt der Verfasser Ramto die alleinige Verantwortung. (s. Haftungshinweis)
Ramto ist offline   Antwort mit Zitat FTOR-Chat
Alt 17.06.2006, 13:21  #57
Brass
Goaslander

Brass's Benutzerbild

Sende eine Nachricht via MSN an Brass

Zitat:
Original geschrieben von Eduard
There are several small cities near that shipyard across the river. I also miss the fish and shellfish they serve there. You may remember that, as you get off the ferry boat and walk to your right you will find a row of good restaurants with an excellent view of the city.

Yes, you be right. A fiew days later, we visited one of those restaurants too. I remember open wide windows in that restaurant. So we have an furiously view over the tejo an the city.
Zitat:
Whatever document your friend showed, I am surprised you got a car without presenting a driver's licence. The agency must have been eager to do business. I am glad you were not stopped by the police.

Well we where young and wild and free.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Brass, 17.06.2006 um 16:33. Grund: Text beenden
Für Inhalt und Rechtmäßigkeit dieses Beitrags trägt der Verfasser Brass die alleinige Verantwortung. (s. Haftungshinweis)
Brass ist offline   Antwort mit Zitat FTOR-Chat
Alt 18.06.2006, 03:40  #58
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

I don't know, Ramto, why in San Francisco the term Frisco is a no-no. I don't see anything offensive in it. Here in Los Angeles everybody says L.A., New York is the Big Apple (nodoby could tell me why when I visited there last), Chicago is the Wind City and Philadelphia is Philly and nobody objects.
I am glad that hailstorm did not cause great damage. Here we are in the middle of a heat wave now. Sorry I have to stop here. I need to go get a Coke from the refrigerator.
Alt 18.06.2006, 03:44  #59
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

Brass, I am sure you are still young, wild and free.
Alt 19.06.2006, 08:26  #60
Cindy
Community-Mitglied

Cindy's Benutzerbild

Ed: Unfortunately I cannot Portuguese . So I cannot read your biography. Harm

Oft kommt das Glück durch eine Tür herein, von der man gar nicht wusste, dass man sie offengelassen hatte.
(John Barrymore)
Für Inhalt und Rechtmäßigkeit dieses Beitrags trägt der Verfasser Cindy die alleinige Verantwortung. (s. Haftungshinweis)
Cindy ist offline   Antwort mit Zitat FTOR-Chat
AntwortSeite neu laden

Themen Tools  durchsuchen 
durchsuchen:

Erweiterte Suche
Anzeige Modus  Dieses Thema bewerten 
Dieses Thema bewerten:

Forum Regeln