Zurück  F R E E S T I L E - Community > Speakers Corner - Diskussionen und Spiele > Kunst und Design - Musik, Film, Literatur
Benutzername
Kennwort

Antwort
Thema gelesen: 41829 x | Antworten: 394 | online: 0 Themen Tools durchsuchen Anzeige Modus

Alt 14.06.2006, 16:03  #21
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

Standard Re: Ed's Corner

Thank you very much for your welcome. I am sorry I took so long to answer. I have had trouble mastering this system. From now on I believe we can communicate easily.
I am sure your English is much better than you think.
Kind regards,
Eduard

Zitat:
Original geschrieben von Lyra
Unfortunately my english has become quite bad the last years, but nevertheless i will try to communicate with you.
So welcome Ed! I’m looking forward to read from you!
Für Inhalt und Rechtmäßigkeit dieses Beitrags trägt der Verfasser Eduard die alleinige Verantwortung. (s. Haftungshinweis)
Eduard ist offline   Antwort mit Zitat FTOR-Chat
Alt 14.06.2006, 16:13  #22
nevis
Heart of Community

Re: Ed's Corner

Good morning, Ed!

Do you hear fireworks banging??? That's for your welcome!!!

Take your time now, everbody here is very patient and nice...

nevis
nevis ist offline   Antwort mit Zitat FTOR-Chat
Alt 14.06.2006, 16:52  #23
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

I am sorry I took so long to answer. I had a lot of trouble understanding the process, but now I am here.
I look forward to hear from you again.
Best regards,
Eduard
Für Inhalt und Rechtmäßigkeit dieses Beitrags trägt der Verfasser Eduard die alleinige Verantwortung. (s. Haftungshinweis)
Alt 14.06.2006, 17:01  #24
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

Dear Nevis
Thank you very much for your help and especially for your understanding in regard to my almost hopeless unability to deal with complicated computer functions.
I had some help from my nephew, and I hope that from now on I will be able to communicate with all our friends.
All the best,
Eduard
Alt 14.06.2006, 20:16  #25
Lyra
VIP

Lyra's Benutzerbild

Dear Eduard, at the beginning I had the same problems with the system. Don't worry about this it will not take long and you are a professional!
I did not use my english for many years, so it's good for me to practice. I do understand a lot, but I have problems with the grammar and also the vocabulary. But I noticed, there are a few quite good english speaking people here, so I hope you will have plenty opportunities to communicate.
Best regards
Lyra ist offline   Antwort mit Zitat FTOR-Chat
Alt 14.06.2006, 20:23  #26
Ramto
Ressurector

Ramto's Benutzerbild

Re: Ed's Corner

It´s just the same with me!
A friendly "hello" to all "Englishers" of this thread!

*R*
Für Inhalt und Rechtmäßigkeit dieses Beitrags trägt der Verfasser Ramto die alleinige Verantwortung. (s. Haftungshinweis)
Ramto ist offline   Antwort mit Zitat FTOR-Chat
Alt 14.06.2006, 21:06  #27
Pacifica
Cheiromanin

Pacifica's Benutzerbild

Cindy, Lyra, Ramto Your English is perfect and very understandable. BRAVO! Wonderful that you are trying!

Hello Ed ... if we are lucky my friend Jimmie from Philadelphia may also find his way here. However, he is having a bit of a problem with the registration, because he knows little German. On the other hand, he knows computers and forums pretty well, so I am sure we won't have to wait long.
(Winston Churchill)
Für Inhalt und Rechtmäßigkeit dieses Beitrags trägt der Verfasser Pacifica die alleinige Verantwortung. (s. Haftungshinweis)
Pacifica ist offline   Antwort mit Zitat FTOR-Chat
Alt 14.06.2006, 21:46  #28
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

Zitat:
Original geschrieben von Pacifica
Hello Eduard, may I call you "Ed"?

Welcome to Freestile. I hope that you will like it here, especially in your own little corner. Your introduction has made me smile and I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

What are your books about? I'd sure like to know what kind of books your best friends DON'T read!

In which part of L.A. do you live? My brother also lives in L.A. right up near Mulholland Drive in 90210. I've visited him often, so I have a good idea of the big sprawling complex!

Of course you can call me Ed. A few of my friends do. And what shall I call you?
Most of my books, some of which I have written in collaboration with friends and colleagues, deal with different aspects of Portuguese life, for example secret Jews or the impact foreign languages (incidentally including German) has had on the Portuguese spoken by immigrants in Europe, South Africa and the Americas. I am also the co-author of two textbooks, one for European Portuguese and the other for Brazilian Portuguese. These are more read - students have to buy them.
I live in a small, not very well known neighborhood called South Carthay. The houses here were built in the early 30's, so in American terms, this is considered a historical zone. Of course, in my country this with be regarded as almost modern. Still, we have a touch of wonderful modernity: we are close to two McDonald's.
We are located one mile east of Beverly Hills and southwest of Farmers' Market, which I am sure you are familiar with. Also, if you remember the section of Wilshire Boulevard called Miracle Mile (art museum, La Brea Tar Pits), we are some four or five blocks south of it, sligthly to the west.
To be more precise, our area is confined by La Cienega Boulevard, Olympic Boulevard, Fairfax Avenue and Pico Boulevard.
Going north, my street, Crescent Heights Boulevard, becomes Laurel Canyon, which crosses Mulholland Drive.
Do you get the idea now?
Alt 14.06.2006, 21:50  #29
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

Thanks for the fireworks. I'll have more soon, on the Fourth of July.
Ed
Alt 14.06.2006, 22:00  #30
Eduard
Community-Mitglied

Welcome to the HGSC, Jimmie! You know that means the Horrible German Speakers Club, nicht wahr?
Eduard
AntwortSeite neu laden

Themen Tools  durchsuchen 
durchsuchen:

Erweiterte Suche
Anzeige Modus  Dieses Thema bewerten 
Dieses Thema bewerten:

Forum Regeln